Sunday 3 February 2013

Mind Game (2004)


Mind Game is without a doubt, the most bizarre Anime/Film I've ever seen. Trying to explain the plot is as pointless as trying to understand what is happening in the film, so I'll spare you guys that.

What I will say however, is that Mind Game is a truly amazing film, full of emotion and clever little spins/twists that will make you think that maybe the people creating it had any sort of idea what they were actually producing.
The artstyle in this film really sets it apart from.... anything else ever created, the film seems to dislike sticking to a set artstyle for more than 30 seconds at a time, scenes range from 'my first drawing' to animated photorealism and everything in-between  some scenes look like they were drawn sober, whilst some were drawn on a film cell still half covered in cocaine - but its a good thing, somehow.

I will add, that people looking for a proper plot, or even people looking for a conclusive story might not appreciate this film. Though I suppose it does have its own philosophical ending in its own way but it certainly isn't the cut and dry ending that most people would prefer.




I think the random dance party was my favourite scene in the whole film



Anidb link here - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1834

Torrent here - http://ca.isohunt.com/download/22870258/mind+game.torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment